The goals of our preschool involve achieving developmental milestones in the areas of:
- Conceptual and Cognitive Development
- Motor Skills Development (Fine and Gross)
- Learning Creative Expression
- Executive Function, Task Completion and Focus
- Language Skills and Communication
- Psychosocial Development
- “STEM learning” (hands-on learning of science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
These are achieved through classroom activities in our Kindercare program which includes:
- Free time to play and share toys, puzzles and books etc.
- Storytime and songs with and without actions
- Exercising to music with tapes and rhythm instruments
- Crafts, painting, colouring and cutting
- Class parties for special holiday days
- Mini Chef
- Field Trips
- Continuum of Kindergarten learning through play
A Day at Parkview Kindercare
Parkview Kindergarten Students will be picked up from Kindergarten Teacher at 11:35 am and will be transported from Parkview School by KinderCare Assistant.
* They will eat their lunch in the KinderCare Lunch Room together. (Please pack peanut free lunch)
* Any Kindergarten Students from surrounding communities are welcome to attend Parkview KinderCare!
* Please organize bussing through your school or transportation to Parkview Community League. We DO NOT provide transportation to anyone outside Parkview Kindergarten at this time.
- Our KinderCare Teacher will receive your children as they enter the Community League.
- Children will be signed in as they arrive
- Children will have an indoor pair of shoes they leave at KinderCare
- Each child will have a KinderCare hook & name place
- Children will carry their lunch bag up to the classroom to Lunch Room
* Once the students are in the classroom, here is what a typical day will look like:
- Lunchtime – children will eat lunch sent from home
- free play time after lunch – varied activities including puzzles, play dough, small imagination toys, building toys, etc.
- children assemble on the carpet for daily routines that include instructions about new activities, discussing current classroom themes, calendar and stories
- center time for children to explore, cooperate, create and play, where teachers interact and support learning objectives
- snack time – children wash their hands, find their placemat and enjoy a small, healthy snack together that the KinderCare will provide
- gym time – children regularly head downstairs to the gym for physical activity -dancing, sports and games
- Outdoor activities depending on weather
- check your child’s basket on the shelf above the coats for any mail/crafts to go home
At the end of class, the children will be released either from the gym or the classroom once a designated adult has arrived.
*KinderCare will be from 11:35 am - 3:35 pm
Full-Time Monday through Friday $500.00/month
Part-time availability 3 days a week $325.00/month