Below you will find important information for the upcoming Parkview Preschool year:
Pre-registration is now closed. Open Registration is now available! You will find the online registration under the Registration tab.
The Parkview Preschool is a not for profit and cooperative organization dependent upon parental involvement. The executive is a committee of volunteer parents currently in the program.
Currently, the Preschool accepts 16 children in the 4-year-old am program and 14 in the 3/4-year-old pm program. There are 14 children accepted in the 3-year-old am program. *According to licensing children must be toilet trained.
Prior to Open Registration:
3-year-olds currently registered in the program may secure their position in one of the programs.
Upon Open Registration:
- First – Priority will be given to siblings of children previously registered in the program who live in Parkview/Valleyview.
- Second – Priority will be given to all new Parkview/Valleyview registrations.
- Third – Priority will be given to siblings of children previously registered in the program from other communities.
- Fourth – Children registering for the 3-year-old program must be three years of age and toilet trained by the first day of the school year. Registration of a child who turns 3 after September 31 and prior to December 31, of the school year will be permitted, provided there is space in the program. However, this child will not be permitted to attend until he/she has had his/her third birthday and the space is secured with payment.
- Fifth – Priority will be given to registrations from all other communities.
Changes in residency, prior to the school year commencing, will not affect placement in the program. All registrations taken after registration opens will be accepted in the order that they are received. Registration by proxy will be permitted.
Children registered in the 3-year-old am program are guaranteed a spot in the subsequent 4-year-old am program the next school year. Parents must get their child’s registration in before open registration begins or the spot can not be guaranteed.
Children registered in the 3/4-year-old pm program are guaranteed a spot in the subsequent 3/4-year-old pm program the next school year. Parents must get their child’s registration in before open registration begins or the spot can not be guaranteed.
4-Year-old Program Specifics
- Children must be four years of age by January 1, 2020. This is the current entry deadline for the school system.
- The program is offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:50 to 11:20 am,
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:00 to 3:30 pm (the afternoon class is a combination of 3 and 4-year-olds – 3-year-olds attending 2 days per week and 4-year-olds attending 3 days per week.)
3-Year-old Program Specifics
- Children must be three years of age and toilet trained.
- The program is offered Tuesday and Thursday 8:50 to 11:20 am or Monday and Wednesday 1:00 to 3:30 pm (the afternoon class is a combination of 3 and 4-year-olds – 3-year-olds attending 2 days per week and 4-year-olds attending 3 days per week).
Payment options include Annually and Monthly. The Registration Fee is only cashed when a position in the program is accepted. Post-dated cheques are to be made payable to Parkview Preschool, dated the 1st day of each month.
Parkview Preschool will not refund fees when school is cancelled for situations that are out of our control – see Handbook for policy.
3-Year-old Program (5 hours/week)
|Annual Fee||$1,200.00||(less $50 if paid annually – therefore $1,150)|
4-Year-old Program (7.5 hours/week)
|Annual Fee||$1,600.00||(less $50 if paid annually – therefore $1,550)|
Parent Stay-At-Home Subsidy Program
Alberta Parent Stay-At-Home Subsidy Program
- The Alberta Government provides assistance to stay-at-home parents with preschool children who attend licensed early childhood development programs. This includes Parkview Preschool.
- A ‘stay-at-home parent’ is defined as a family where at least one parent stays at home to care for preschool children and does not work or go to school for more than 20 hours per week may qualify for this program.
- The maximum benefit available under this program is $1,200 per child per 12 consecutive months from the date an application is initially received by the regional subsidy office.
- Please contact Alberta Children’s Services at 780‑644‑9992 within Edmonton, Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm or http://www.humanservices.alberta.ca/financial-support/15104.html for more information.
What is The Process of Applying for a Government Subsidy?
- Families submit an online application through the Alberta Government Childcare Subsidy website: http://www.humanservices.alberta.ca/financial-support/15104.html
- Once the family’s application has been approved by the Alberta Government, they receive a reference number.
- The family provides the reference number to the preschool.
- Each month, the preschool submits a form to the Alberta Government.
- The Alberta Government deposits funds to the Preschool account and the Preschool Treasurer writes a cheque to the family.